this is a place where weird anecdotes are inspirational, the ability to stay random means everything but staying true to yourself means SO much more ... don't just find yourself ... CREATE ✝

1.25.2012

My Chained Heart


These old chains you built around me,
They’re finally starting to loosen their way.
Chained from all the pain you caused,
All of the lies you built from shades of grey.

Your chains have lived here too long by now,
Never letting me break free.
Shackling me within your cold heart,
 Where I lived alone, so helplessly.

These chains weren’t always so tight then,
From the start I couldn’t feel them there,
And as time progressed I felt links grow,
With every lie you wanted to share.

The web you created from chains you built,
Around my weary heart,
Anchored me to you, right from the very start.
These chains you built around me,
They’re finally breaking free,
And as each link loosens,
I’m finally able to see.

See the pain that you caused within my soul,
The destruction you created within my heart’s walls.
And as the chains loosen, I’m starting to heal,
From all of the pain you made my heart feel.

I’m letting go, link by link,
Though it seems so slow,
Breaking away the chains,
That surrounded me head to toe.
© nLdm

No comments:

Post a Comment